– Lecturer at Universidad Antonio de Nebrija (Madrid) since December 2016. Visual arts education in the Master in Teaching and Grade in Primary Education. Supervisor for Training and Master dissertations.
– External examiner in the MA in Cultural and Creative Industries. King’s College University, London. (Since October 2017).
– Visual Arts Teacher at the American School in London (Middle School and High School. Since 2017.
– Art teacher (secondary school). Trinity Academy, London. August 2016 – February 2017.
– Art Teacher KS3, KS4. Harris Academy Purley, London. November –July 2016.
– Art Teacher KS3, Highgate Wood College of Arts. Classroom Ltd., April – July 2015.
– Supply Teacher / Cover Supervisor in Secondary Schools. Prospero Teaching, Action First, Classroom Ltd., London, UK. January 2014 – Current.
– English teacher. Business English and personal classes. Educa-training and Educa-system, Valencia, Spain. November 2009 – July 2013. 700 hours teaching.
– Teacher KS3 (English, plastic arts, handcraft). Idef, Valencia, Spain. November 2009 – July 2013.
– Graphic designer. Dominio de Vivancos, S.L. Digital photography retouching and manipulation with Photoshop CS3. Valencia (Spain), October 2008.
– Plastic art teacher. Training for the Teaching Adaptation Course at the Secondary School IFPS Ausiàs March, Valencia, Spain. 2007.
– Video production and edition. “II International Festival of the Arts of Castilla y León”. Siglo Foundation. Salamanca, Spain 2006.
PhD in Fine Arts. Recognized postgraduate programme in Art: Production and Research. Faculty of Fine Arts, Polytechnic University of Valencia (Spain), 2013. Thesis title: The artwork as contermonument. Representation of antiheroic memory as a resource in Contemporary Art. (Cum Laude, International Mention).
MA in Art Production. Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain. 2006-2007.
Fine Arts degree. University of Salamanca, Spain. 2001-2006
◦ Distinction in Photography.
◦ Distinction in Painting III.
◦ Distinction in Methodology in artistic creation.
2011 Visiting Fellowship at the Centre for Cultural Memory. Institute for Germanic and Romance Studies, School of Advance Studies, University of London. 3 months.
2010 Course “Memory, Empire, Technology”. School of Advance Studies, University of London. 29 June – 3 July.
Workshop “After… the instant of memory”. Directed by the artists Virginia Villaplana, Marta de Gonzalo y Publio Pérez. MNCARS, Madrid, Spain.
2008 Workshop “Mediabiography. Insurgent narratives. Technologies of memory for a collective account”. Zemos98. Seville, Spain.
2007 CAP (Adaptation Course for Teaching), Institute of teaching science, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain.
Workshop in sound art and computer music. Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain. 40 hours.
Symposium “Spanish Contemporary Art. After 50 years”. Córdoba, Spain.
2006 “V symposium: encounters on video. New ways in audiovisual creation”. University of Salamanca. 30 hours.
Workshop “The act of portrait”, Youth creation Festival EUTOPIA 06, Córdoba, Spain.
2005 ERASMUS at the Fine Arts School “Accademia di Belle Arti di Roma”. Rome, Italy.
– (In)visibility as aesthetic strategy in counter-monuments and contemporary artworks dealing with memory. Conference: (In)Visible Cultures. King’s College London. June 2016.
– The spectator’s experiences of time. Memory, history and temporality in contemporary artworks. Conference: Space, Identities and Memory. Birkbeck University of London. May 2016.
– The spectator’s experiences of time. Memory, history and temporality in counter-monuments and contemporary artworks. International Symposium: Spatiality and Temporality. Interdisciplinary Research Foundation, Warsaw, Poland. April 2016.
– ‘Pacts of Forgetting’. Contemporary Art Responses to Collective Amnesia in Spain and Lebanon. Conference: Places of Amnesia. Cambridge University. April 2016.
– The artwork as countermonument. Nazi period commemoration and memory in contemporary art. Conference: Shared Spaces, Shared Memories, Shared Visions: Contemporary Visual Representations of the Second World War in German Cities. Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne. November 2015.
– Contemporary Artworks as Platform of Memory. From Analogue Resources of Memory to Digital Art Display: Walid Raad. Conference: Changing Platforms of Memory Practices. Technologies, User Generations and Amateur Media Dispositives. Faculty of Arts, History department, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands. September 2015.
– Representation of nostalgia and melancholy in contemporary artworks: Tacita Dean and Louise Bourgeois. Conference: Memory, Nostalgia, Melancholy. Re-imagining home in a time of mobility. School of Arts and Humanities, Nottingham Trent University. Rovinj, Croatia. September 2015.
– Reconfiguring past through memory and fiction in contemporary art. Tacita Dean and Francesc Torres. Workshop: Reconfiguring Ruins, University of London and The NewBridge Project. Newcastle, June 2015.
– Presentation of research and artistic personal project. Languages and techniques of artistic production. Fine Arts School, University of Salamanca, February, 2011.
– Family memory at the audiovisual artwork. The private into the public. Institute of media studies, University of Bochum, Germany. November, 2010.
– Grant “Francisco de Zurbarán” for artists. Government of Extremadura, Spain. Culture and tourism ministry. 2008.
– Residency Grant at the “Antonio Gala Foundation for Young Artists”. Córdoba, Spain. 2007.
– “IV Artistic residency Terra de Sanxenxo”, Pontevedra, Spain. 2006.
– First Prize II Contest of Contemporary Art. Prize Manolete 2008. Villa del Río, Córdoba, Spain.
– First Prize IV Contest International Biennial of Painting and Photography ‘Paco Luna’. Zafra, Badajoz, Spain.
– Third Prize II Painting award “Medina Al-Zahra: landscape and heritage”. Córdoba, Spain.
– First Prize VII edition of the painting contest Pinart 2008. Villaviciosa, Córdoba, Spain.
– Acquisition Prize at the “XXVI Internacional Painting Award Eugenio Hermoso”. Fregenal de la Sierra, Badajoz, Spain.
– First Prize III Contest International Biennial of Painting and Photography “Paco Luna”. Zafra, Badajoz, Spain.
– First Prize VII painting contest “Day of Extremadura”. Badajoz, Spain.
– Third Prize. XXXVI International Painting Award Homage to Rafael Zabaleta, Council of Quesada, Jaén, Spain.
– Honorable mention in engraving. X contest San Marcos, University of Salamanca.
– First consolation prize. X National Painting Award Nicolás Megía. Fuente de Cantos, Badajoz, Spain..
– Frist Prize. VI national contest “Feria Internacional Ganadera de Zafra”, Badajoz, Spain.
– Second consolation prize. VI painting award “Día de Extremadura”. Badajoz, Spain.
– Third prize. VII national painting award “Francisco de Zurbarán”, Fuente de Cantos (Badajoz), Spain.
– Third prize. IV painting award “Día de Extremadura”. Badajoz, Spain.
– First consolation prize. II Contest International Biennial of Painting and Photography “Paco Luna”. Zafra, Badajoz, Spain.
– Second prize. VI painting award “Francisco de Zurbarán”, Fuente de Cantos, Badajoz, Spain.
– Hipmnema visual. Collective Imagen. Fuengirola, Málaga. May 2012.
– Visual archaeologies. Europa exhibition hall, Badajoz. Organized by the ministry of culture and tourism, Government of Extremadura. December 2009. (Catalogue).
– Images of memory. Exhibition hall for experimental art, University of Salamanca, 2007. (Catalogue).
– GHost CLHub. Triennial contemporary art fair, Folkestone, England. 2011.
– Group exhibition Young artists from Extremadura 2009. ministry of culture and tourism, Government of Extremadura. Talavera de la Reina (Toledo), Zafra (Badajoz), Badajoz, Cáceres y Plasencia (Cáceres). (Catalogue).
– 6ª Young artists from the Antonio Gala foundation. Gallery Demo Solera. Marbella, Málaga / Cultural Centre Hospital de Santiago, Úbeda (Jaén) / Antonio Gala Foundation, Córdoba. 2008. (Catalogue).
– Da2. (Domus Artium 2002 Salamanca) Contemporary Art Museum. Video Autorretrato exhibited at the “Pantallas Sensibles” program. 2007.
– Interdisciplinarity in painting. Exhibition hall for experimental art, University of Salamanca. 2006. (Catalogue).
– XV National painting contest “Villa de Roda”. La Roda, Albacete. (Catalogue).
– X Prize San Marcos, University of Salamanca. (Catalogue).
– Young artists contest 2004 de Salamanca.
– II International Biennial of Painting and Photography Contest Paco Luna, Zafra (Badajoz).
– LIII National painting contest of Gibraleón, Huelva.
– Group exhibition of Fuente de Cantos, cultural tour 2004. Organized by AUPEX (Popular University association of Extremadura), showed in 20 cities in Extremadura.
– Group exhibition extremeño-alentejana organized by AUPEX en Badajoz.